Litton-Reaves Hall, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
I am a Ph.D. student from Dr. Gota Morota ‘s group in the School of Animal Sciences at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
My research interests focus on incorporating statistics, machine learning, and bioinformatics into the study of animal and plant genetics in the omics era.
I am also interested in the application of computer vision systems for high-throughput phenotyping in precision agriculture.
|Dec 2, 2022||[New paper accepted!] 🤗 Robert Kadlec, Sam Indest, Kayla Castro, Shayan Waqar, Leticia M Campos, Sabrina T Amorim, Ye Bi, Mark D Hanigan, and Gota Morota. “Automated acquisition of top-view dairy cow depth image data using an RGB-D sensor camera.” Translational Animal Science 6.4 (2022): txac163. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/tas/txac163|
|Nov 28, 2022||[Our new preprint online!] 🥳 Idan Sabag, Ye Bi, Zvi Peleg, and Gota Morota. Multi-environment analysis enhances genomic prediction accuracy of agronomic traits in sesame. bioRxiv. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.11.26.518043|
|Oct 29, 2022||[Our new preprint online!] Ye Bi, Rafael Massahiro Yassue, Puneet Paul, Balpreet Kaur Dhatt, Jaspreet Sandhu, Thi Phuc Do, Harkamal Walia, Toshihiro Obata, and Gota Morota. “Evaluating metabolic and genomic data for predicting grain traits under high night temperature stress in rice.” bioRxiv (2022). doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.10.27.514071. My first Ph.D. project in Quantitative Genetics. Thanks a lot for my advisor and collaborators’ help! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩|
|Sep 9, 2022||Intramural Seminar, Utility of Metabolites and Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms for Classification of High Night Temperature Stress Conditions and Prediction of Grain Size Related Traits in Rice. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacsburg, VA, Sep 09. 😄|
|Aug 1, 2022||Modern Programming in Genome to Phenome, University of California, Davis, CA. August 1-5. 😉|
|Jul 18, 2022||27th Summer Institute in Statistical Genetics (SISG) Scholarship, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, July 18-27. 🧐|
|Jun 26, 2022||Poster Presentation. Development of Automated Computer Vision Systems for Evaluating Dairy Cow Body Weight and Body Condition Scores. ASAS-CSAS 2022 annual meeting, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. June 26-30. 🥸|
- Automated acquisition of top-view dairy cow depth image data using an RGB-D sensor cameraTranslational Animal Science 2023
- Multi-environment analysis enhances genomic prediction accuracy of agronomic traits in sesamebioRxiv 2022
- Evaluating metabolic and genomic data for predicting grain traits under high night temperature stress in rice2022
- Effects of dietary threonine and immune stress on growth performance, carcass trait, serum immune parameters, and intestinal muc2 and NF-kappaB gene expression in Pekin ducks from hatch to 21 daysPoultry science 2018
- Longitudinal Analysis of CD4 and CD8 T Cell Receptor Repertoires Associated with Newcastle Disease Virus Infection in Layer BirdsM.S. Thesis, UC Davis 2021